A Toast

Spending the past few days with family, whom I don’t get to see very often, has really had me reminiscing over the past year, heck the past decade. It’s actually kind of scary when you try to look back. I left home in 2003 with a plan. Needless to say that currently I’ve blown that plan out of the water. And maybe that is exactly why, I had life too well planned out….I needed to learn the lesson that life isn’t structured, there’s no rule book for life (God I wish there was!). Plans change, people change, and we have to be open to both. It’s safe to say this past year taught me that, I learned to become flexible really quickly, figuratively not literally, I’m still working on that one!

Several of my friends have said no resolutions this year, because no one ever sticks to them, and I’m guilty of this as well! However, I’m going to give it one more shot, never hurt anyone, being flexible right? Not only to I resolve to blog more, but I am resolving to keep in touch with those I love more—family, friends, everyone. I know I’m guilty of the age-old excuse, “life got busy!” But the thing is, these folks are just who I need most in my life, therefore slowing down just enough to send a quick note or make a quick phone call is more then worth it. Especially if it helps keep all those embarrassing stories about me at bay….family can be vicious with those…..especially mine!

But anyway a toast: A toast to all that's been lost in 2009--friends, loved ones, jobs. And a toast to all that has been gained--new friends, new family members, independence, self-reliance, and self-confidence. Here is to a new beginning...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life's Lessons

Curves, Dreams, and Demands

New Year, New Chapter