Pay it Forward
It's been a rather frustrating past few weeks, making me snarkier and more tired than usual. Stress tends to do that to me. I'm a worrier; it's one of my many talents. Honestly, telling me not to worry is like telling a fish not to swim. Good luck with that. Maybe I should find a support group… you know, Snarks anonymous or something like that. I probably should avoid writing my own self help book… I don't think solving all of life's problems with the nearest happy hour is always a good thing, but its sure fun!
Sometimes it's hard for me to see the big picture. The picture that there is a plan, be it God's plan, or karma, or fate, or whatever you believe in, there is a larger something. I let myself get so wrapped up in the here and now. The paying the bills, the immediate problems, the impending crisis or bad break that is bound to happen, that I don't always see the good, or that really, life isn't that bad. I had two (separate) conversations today that really snapped me out of it. A friend of mine reminded me that there is a plan, and that I'm not going to be handed something that I can't handle… albeit there are some times that I think I'm plenty strong enough and I don't need any more piled on me. The great thing about her is that she's always there to remind me of these things, that I am strong, confident, capable, resilient, smart, and resourceful. She also is good at reminding me that it always can be worse, thankfully I have a fantastic family, even if some of them are Colts fans, or Cards fans, they are fantastic. And my friends are also amazing pillars of strength and support.
As for my second conversation it was with a concerned co-worker, she noticed I've not been myself of late and cornered me to spill it. Again I was starting to think of all the "woe is me" tales I could start recounting, until she looked at me and reminded me once again of how things could be. Reminding me that life is good, even when it's stressful. We are all in this together, this crazy journey called life. And life sure can throw one hell of a curve ball at times. But all you can do is swing for the fences and try to knock it out of the park.
So in essence I'm paying it forward. I'm reminding you that there is a plan, something greater than us, whatever it may be. Take joy in those around you, for they have come into your life for a reason and are there to serve a purpose, if we choose to let them. Be grateful for what and who you have, for it could be worse it could always be worse. And you are much stronger than you give yourself credit for.
Comments
Post a Comment