Life's Lessons

If I have learned only one thing the past few years of my life...it's that life isn't fair, by any stretch of the imagination. Just when you think you are getting ahead you get slapped back a peg or two. Not. Cool. However, the lesson plan of life seems to have many facets. The next more complicated than the first.

The lesson I'm currently on is friendship. You have the friends who are your family. Who are by your side through thick and thin, call you out on your shortcomings, but also help you fix them. You have the friends who come into your life for just a quick season, to help you along with what you need at the time, they are a blessing while you have them.

Life revolves around friends. I'm so grateful for the ones I have and all they have helped me with. My gripe is those folks in your life who like to tell you how to live your life, what to do, who to date, who to hang out with or whatever! But when it comes to their own lives? Well don't expect to be able to input anything. It's funny how that happens. Makes you think a bit.

I've recently decided to start doing things a bit differently. I've realized (after many many moons) that I can only control my life and what happens. You are more then welcome to give me advice on my life...but don't expect me to take it.... and don't ask me for advice or what to do if you aren't actually willing to listen. Don't tell me what I can and can't do, I'm going to just do what I want anyway, especially if you are just being judgemental about my life's decisions. I need to be able to make my own mistakes. I need to be able to fall, but need to you there to pick me up, not say I told you so. That's not a friend I want to have.

If you have a problem with me living my life for me...well honestly, that's too bad. I'm done living my life for everyone else. I'm going to start being selfish.

Comments

  1. i can easily say that your friendship got me through the second half of the year 2007! i'm so thankful for that because i probably would've lost my ever-loving mind!

    love & miss you funkie! :)
    xoxo
    Jessica Wylie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Curves, Dreams, and Demands

New Year, New Chapter