Disappointment

It’s funny, all my life I’ve been so worried about disappointing everyone else. Lately, it’s come to a head. I’ve over commited myself, giving myself more credit that I actually deserve. I’m not superwoman, I can’t be in 15 places at once, but I’ll damn well sure try! However, I’m exhausted. Absolutely exhausted. Tired of letting everyone down, tired of caring that I let people down, and tired of letting myself down.


I came to the realization this morning actually that the only person I need to worry about letting down is myself. Only took me 25 years, but I might finally be getting a hang of this adventure called life. Don’t hold your breath though…. Life’s lessons have a hard time sticking in my brain, generally takes being slapped upside the head three or four times for it to stick.

“Disappointment is often the salt of life.” Theodore Parker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life's Lessons

Curves, Dreams, and Demands

New Year, New Chapter