Waving goodbye

As Christmas is fast approaching (waaay too fast for my liking) I've quickly realized I've never been so damn glad to usher a year out the door! 2009 has had its ups and downs, typically though I only like those on a roller coaster. I've accomplished so much this year, and lost so much in the same boat. So needless to say 2010 will be a good year to rebuild. Don't get me wrong '09 has been great in the fact that I've made some incredible new lifelong friends, and kicked some baggage to the curb (way overdue). I'm thankful today that my life has moved in the direction it did. Granted the journey's not always been easy, some speed bumps have been bigger than others and some decisions have not been easy or fun. However, without those I wouldn't be where I'm at now: great job(s), incredible amazing friends who pick me up and help put me together when I fall apart, and the ability to live, laugh, and love. I'd like to think I'd have come to those realizations on my own…alas those of you who know me well know that I'm stubborn and thick headed. So life had to slap me around a few times for all that to sink in.

No fail every year I make resolutions, you know lose weight (ha!) come to terms with being a stylish chunky girl (ok that one I did keep), manage my finances (losing battle) etc… and by February first those are out the window. This year though I'm really going to do it. I'm going to start with letting go. Letting go of all the crappy baggage I have for some reason thought I should hold onto. Nope don't need that! I'm not going to let trivial stuff bother me, and for the first time in my life, I'm going to focus on me. Get my act together and decide what's really best for me. I am however, also holding my friends accountable for keeping me on track. You have my permission to rebuff me when I'm not sticking with this. Call me out. It's ok. Just remember I'm stubborn J can't say I didn't give you fair warning. And no, no matter how many times I threaten, I'm not giving up on love. I'm too much of a closet romantic for that. I am however not making it a top priority anymore. I've got an amazing family, phenomenal friends, and the best poochie a girl can ask for. That's enough for me. Well and my fantastic collection of make-up, purses, shoes, and baseball memorabilia J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life's Lessons

Curves, Dreams, and Demands

New Year, New Chapter