Starting over.

Let's face it; this isn't my first rodeo when it comes to dieting. I'm the queen of yo-yo, and not the toy we all loved as kids. I've jumped on the wagon with so many fads, and low and behold they haven't worked. Am I surprised? Not really. I think I would have been more surprised if they had worked. I know the do's and don'ts, but it's easier to follow the don'ts than the do's.

We all face adversity in life, what matters the most is how you deal with it. I'm facing mine head on and learning from my experiences. I've learned a lot about myself, my support system, and what I deserve lately. I'm learning to take life one day at a time and be grateful for each breath and experience. I'm throwing myself back into my passions and living and loving life for me, not for someone else, which I made the mistake of doing for too long now. I'm getting back into my passions, photography, the environment, education, and myself. This time around I'm not going to compromise. I'm going to take chances and let those change my life. I'm going to be me. And the biggest lesson I've had to learn, if I can't handle the worst of me, well then I don't deserve the best of me, and neither does anyone else for that matter.

I’ve let myself be tied up in too many bad relationships of late, between dead-beat guys, diets that don’t work, gym memberships that go unused, projects I’ve started and let someone talk me out of, and the list could just go on. Well frankly, I’m over all of that. I’m taking my life back one inch at a time. I will not let myself drown any longer in self pity, self loathing, self disgust, any of that crap. I’m beautiful darn it and I’m worth it! I can’t tell you how long it’s taken me to not only say those words, but to actually believe them.

I turn 25 next year and want to do something meaningful. Granted this won’t be meaningful to anyone but me, but like I said, I’m worth it! My goal is in November 2010 I will walk a half marathon. Step one, lace up those shoes and get back on the proverbial right track. Step two, a 5k on November 22 of this year. Talk about jumping in with both feet! It’s a good thing my parents didn’t raise a wimp…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life's Lessons

Curves, Dreams, and Demands

New Year, New Chapter