Speechless...me? Never :)

There are two things that every girl needs, great eye shadow and great girlfriends. Ok maybe three, can’t ever forget great chocolate. Every girl needs that. Last night I was lucky enough to have all three. Eye shadow that makes you feel invincible and sexy, a girl friend who helps remind you how great you are and that you can, in fact, conquer anything that life throws at you, and chocolate to well… just be delicious chocolate.

Life has been hectic of late, trying to put myself back into a routine, figure out what I want and where I’m going. However, life is not too hectic to tell those that matter to you just how much they matter. Life is short and we tend to barrel right through it as it is, but that whole stop to smell the roses that my mom always used to say, well again she was right. Just don’t tell her.

It’s funny how a simple conversation can make you feel ready to take on the world. Or at least make you feel better about decisions you’ve made and the path you have started to tread. Walking along that path can sure be scary, but it’s the friendships you make along the way that serve as your night light, protecting you the entire way. And what’s funny is that the folks that matter most to you may never know it, it seems so hard for us to put that appreciation into words or hell even actions. It’s not until that relationship is broken, or you fear it might be broken, that you snap to attention, oftentimes too late. Better late than never right?

Sometimes something happens in your life that shakes you to your core. It challenges your thoughts, beliefs, and every decision you have ever made. The easy way to deal with this is run home to where it’s safe and hide under the covers. It’s great that I was blessed with the stubborn gene and don’t know how to take the easy way out. But sometimes this event just leaves you stunned, speechless, and unable to function. And we all know how well I deal with being speechless; I don’t, so it doesn’t happen very often. I have my good days and my bad days, but you know what? The great days are starting to outweigh the bad or even the so-so days. My friends and family have been such an integral part of helping this happen, I can’t thank everyone enough for this. And you know the very best part? No more being speechless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life's Lessons

Curves, Dreams, and Demands

New Year, New Chapter